Following the announcement by the government concerning the easing of lockdown measures we have been planning the best way forward for the Studio. Our opening times will be changing slightly; from the week commencing 12 April Loudwater will remain closed to visitors every Monday and will only be open Tuesday-Friday each week, however our opening hours on these days have been extended slightly with us now opening between 9.15am and 4.15pm each day.
Week Commencing 12 April
- Loudwater will open to existing Ceramic Members ONLY.
- Staff will be available 4 days per week (Tuesday to Friday) to take phone calls and for those wishing to collect craft packs; PYOP; items from our shop and to drop off donations.
- Loudwater will be open for all activities (Tuesday-Friday). Please ensure you have booked your place in advance of attending an activity or workshop.
- Our shop will be fully open for you to browse and staff will be here to take your queries.
- Please help us by remembering your mask and ringing the bell on your arrival so we can ensure safety for all at all times
Loudwater staff have been working hard over the last year making sure the Studio is COVID safe, so that we can welcome everyone back to a safe, yet relaxing environment. All our worktables are now socially distanced, and in those areas where space is at a premium social distancing screens are in place. We are using separate entrance and exits for our main studio space and ceramics areas to try and keep crossovers to a minimum and have unfortunately had to take the decision to restrict the kitchen area to staff only.
- The Studio and all doors / doorbells are deep cleaned every morning before your arrival.
- Any unused materials (and donations) are placed in a quarantine box for 72 hours before being placed back into Studio supplies.
- All staff will be wearing masks or visors at all times.
- All visitors are asked to complete a Test and Trace form on first arrival at the Studio or register their presence via the Government’s QR code system.
- UVc sterilisation wands are used to sterilise chairs and tables after each visitor leaves the Studio.
- UVc sterilisation lamps are activated each evening, these kill all viruses and create an ozone in the Studio, which is ventilated each morning before your arrival.
We have looked carefully at the ‘Rule of 6’ legislation and the exemptions within and can confirm the following:
- All social groups (ie Craft and Natter, Knit and Natter etc) will be limited to 6 people in a group.
- All workshops / education groups will be limited to 8 places (for our Home Education group the child will be classed as the booking and the parent included in the booking as part of their bubble).
- Ceramics members will have the same access as set out in our handbook.
- No numbers will be restricted due to staffing levels in the Studio.
- Please do not visit the Studio if you are suffering from COVID symptoms, or have knowlingly been in contact with someone who has.
- Please ensure you book your place in advance (unfortunately we can no longer accept drop-in visitors, except for deliveries).
- Please wear a mask or visor at all times whilst in the Studio. Unfortunately our Health and Safety advisers tell us we cannot allow anyone not wearing a mask or visor to be in the Studio space for longer than 15 minutes. We understand this is difficult and are offering alternative activities for those who would find it difficult to comply with this requirement (please contact us to find out more).
- Please wash your hands on entry to the Studio.
These are difficult and anxious times for everyone and we’re sure, like us, you want Loudwater to be here for many years to come. We don’t want to be in the position of having to close the Studio if at all possible and are sure if we all work together we can make Loudwater a place where people can still relax, despite all the craziness of the World right now.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you soon.